Brown 2lbs spare ribs in a hot skillet. Transfer to a 2-3 qt dutch oven or baking pot.
Finely chop one medium onion. Sauté with 2 tablespoons butter in the skillet.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worstershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
Pour over onions to capture the rib residue and onion. Pour mixture over ribs.
Cover and bake for 2 hours (minimum) at 350F. The ribs should cook long enough to pull off the bones.